Ahakoa he iti whetū ki runga ki te rangi nui pōkēkēao ūhia kia ngaro, e kore e ngaro
Even though the stars shining in the night sky might be obscured by a passing cloud, they will never be obliterated
Ngāti Toa Rangatiratanga - Our Culture & Identity
Revitalizing and strengthening our identity as whānau, hapū and iwi
Our identity is revitalized through:
- Whānau who are confident in their reo, tikanga, kawa and identity
- Vibrant marae that uphold our kawa and are able to serve our varied and changing needs
- Whānau who are strongly grounded in our history and whakapapa
- Celebrating Ngāti Toa Rangatira culture and success.
Oranga - Our Wellbeing
Advancing the health and well-being of all Ngāti Toa Rangatira whānau
Our whānau are thriving through:
- Improved health
- Increased educational and vocational achievement
- Sustainable employment opportunities
- Healthy and affordable housing.
Ohanga - Our Prosperity
Growing a sustainable economic base
Our prosperity is supported by:
- A culture of self-determination, resilience and growth
- Robust and ethical investments that are aligned to the aspirations of the iwi
- Working collaboratively to grow the Ngāti Toa Rangatira economy
- Protecting and growing our economic base to provide ongoing opportunities for whānau wellbeing and growth.
Te Ao Tūroa - Our Environment
Nurturing a resilient environment to sustain future generations
Our environment is sustained through:
- Reclaimed connections and mātauranga relevant to our natural resources
- Empowered kaitiaki who are leaders and co-managers of our natural environment
- Our commitment to environmental sustainability
- Our ability to adapt to the impacts of climate change.
Whai Mana - Our Organisation
Building a strong organisation founded on leadership and connection
Our organisation is strengthened by:
- Sound governance and management structures that support growth and prosperity
- Development and leadership opportunities for our tamariki and rangatahi
- Platforms for the efficient and effective communication and connection of our people
- Strategic partnerships that benefit our regional, national and international interests.