Registering as a Ngāti Toa iwi member is easy and gives you access to a wide range of benefits including:
- Connections with Ngāti Toa whānau whānui, marae and iwi
- Participation in Ngāti Toatanga, reo, whakapapa and mātauranga wānanga
- Participation in iwi events
- Voting rights for Board and Trustee elections
- Participation in surveys and focus groups
- Access to Education and Sports grants and scholarships
- Regular information and updates on Rūnanga business and iwi events and activities
- Access to social and health services support
- Education support for tamariki and rangatahi
- Support for social housing
- Ability for spouse's to register as an iwi member by marraige
- Access to the Ngāti Toa Rangatira app
- Access to iwi member discounts for building supplies and materials.
The benefits that your registration will bring to Ngāti Toa are:
- Understanding how many Ngāti Toa there are today and our age demographics
- Know where all Ngāti Toa members are located
- Develop a database of skills and expertise that exists within the iwi and support connections for business development and other opportunities
- Represent the collective and individual interests of Ngāti Toa with local and central government.
To register as an iwi member, you will need to provide the following information:
- Date of birth
- Postal and physical address
- Email address
- Mobile phone
- Your whakapapa that connects you to Ngāti Toa
- Your spouse's name
- The names and ages of your tamariki or legal dependents under the age of 18 years old
- Marae affiliations and the marae voting.
Your registration form, and in particular your whakapapa information will be provided to our Whakapapa Committee to check and confirm your connection to Ngāti Toa. If some details are missing, there may be a delay in the approval of your registration.
When you become a registered iwi member, you will receive a unique iwi registration number which allows the Rūnanga to identify you.
If you are a registered iwi member but do not know your registration number OR if you are not registered but would like more information, please contact our Iwi Registrations Team at firstname.lastname@example.org