Moemoeā/ Mission Statement
To promote the mana of Ngāti Toa Rangatira by enhancing the social, economic, educational, cultural and spiritual development of all tribal members, in an open and responsive manner by enabling them opportunities to attain their full potential for the benefit of the Iwi and the community.
- Manaakitanga aroha, hospitality, generosity, respect
- Rangatiratanga self determination
- Whanaungatanga valuing the dynamics of family
- Kotahitanga unity
- Wairuatanga spirituality
- Kaitiakitanga guardianship
- Whakapapa maintaining genealogical links
- Te Reo me te Tikanga uphold Ngāti Toatanga
Goals and Objectives
1. To promote Ngāti Toa Rangatira with pride
a. Te Reo me te Tikanga
b. History and Whakapapa
c. Mana of Ngāti Toa
2. To promote and nurture a healthy, safe and caring environment
a. Environmental Management
c. Housing and Land
3. To maximise opportunities for the economic development of the Iwi and Iwi members
a. Treaty claim settlement
b. Working with local government
c. Developing economic opportunities for Ngāti Toa
4. To promote education development at whanau, hapu and Iwi levels.
a. Develop an Iwi education plan
b. Provide scholarships
c. Support marae based education programmes
d. Develop closer relations with the Ministry of Education
5. To rebuild estates and assets of Ngāti Toa.
a. Complete the Treaty settlement
b. Protect customary interests
c. Grow Rūnanga services, capacity and assets
6. To ensure that the Rūnanga has sound and transparent processes in place to manage Iwi activities.