Te Rūnanga o Toa Rangatira has recently begun a review of the structure of the Rūnanga and other associated entities (including the Toa Rangatira Trust).
The aim of the review is to ensure that these structures are appropriate ones to support Ngāti Toa Rangatira into the future. The review is being conducted by a review team that does not include members of the Board or staff of the Rūnanga.
The Review Team is:
- Rawiri Faulkner
- Jeanette Grace
- Baden Vertongen
The Review Team believes that is it important that iwi members are involved in this review, and that all members have a chance to have their say on what you think the Rūnanga should look like as we move into the future. To help with this a number of hui are being held to hear from iwi members.
These will be at:
- Scenic Hotel Marlborough, Blenheim, Wed. 7th November at 6:30pm;
- The Hotel Nelson, Thurs. 8th November at 7:00pm;
- The Distinction Hotel, Hamilton, Tues. 20th November at 6:30pm;
- Takapūwāhia Marae, Tues. 27th November at 6:00pm;
- Hongoeka Marae, Thurs. 13th December at 6:00pm.
In the meantime, a discussion paper to help guide these discussions is available here, along with an email address to provide your thoughts email@example.com (if you are unable to make one of the hui above)