INFORMATION REGARDING THE YOUTH EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES GRANT
- Youth Educational Activities Grant is made available for those pursuing youth educational activities. This includes year 9 to year 13. The grant will be paid directly to the Secondary School
- Applications will only be considered from those who are Ngāti Toa and are enrolled in a Secondary School.
- Applicants must submit an application 2 months prior to the date funding is required.
- Te Reo Māori and Ngāti Toatanga has been a priority for Te Rūnanga o Toa Rangatira, therefore, students will be asked to show how this activity will enhance and/or develop their understanding of Ngāti Toatanga, Te Reo and Māori culture.
- This committee will only consider subsidising activities and ask that this application be completed by the applicant/student.
- Applicants will only be entitled to apply for this grant every 2 years.
- Completed applications should be sent to:
Te Rūnanga O Toa Rangatira
PO Box 5035
Phone (04) 2384951 or Fax (04) 238 4701
- Please ensure that all necessary documentation is included with the application:
- Supporting letter from your Secondary School including bank account details and a breakdown of all relevant costs.
- We also ask that you agree to attend an Education Committee meeting to give a report on your activity that has been subsidised by the Rūnanga or send a report to the Committee.
- We will also require a photo of the applicant, and their permission to put it on the website as part of informing the Iwi about recipients of Rūnanga Grants/Scholarships.