INFORMATION REGARDING THE YOUTH EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES GRANT
1. Youth Educational Activities Grant is made available for those pursuing youth educational activities. This includes year 9 to year 13. The grant will be paid directly to the Secondary School
2. Applications will only be considered from those who are Ngati Toa and are enrolled in a Secondary School.
3. Applicants must submit an application 2 months prior to the date funding is required.
4. Te Reo Maori and Ngati Toatanga has been a priority for Te Runanga o Toa Rangatira, therefore, students will be asked to show how this activity will enhance and/or develop their understanding of Ngati Toatanga, Te Reo and Maori culture.
5. This committee will only consider subsidising activities and ask that this application be completed by the applicant/student.
6. Applicants will only be entitled to apply for this grant every 2 years.
7. Completed applications should be sent to:
Te Runanga O Toa Rangatira
PO Box 5035
Phone (04) 2384951 or Fax (04) 238 4701
8. Please ensure that all necessary documentation is included with the application:
* Supporting letter from your Secondary School including bank account details and a breakdown of all relevant costs.
9. We will also require a photo of the applicant, and their permission to put it on the website as part of informing the Iwi about recipients of Runanga Grants/Scholarships.